One of the problems with our lounge room is that there are just not enough power points. Country Boy and were talking about it recently, and realised that when the house was built, there just wasn’t the array of electrical appliances that we have today. In our lounge room we have the TV, PVR, DVD player, laptop, printer, and 2 way radio, as well as a lamp. All trying to run off a double power point.
Because we have slowly added bits and pieces over time, there was a mish mash of extension cords and double adapters spilling out from underneath the desk where I had shoved them.
Over the weekend, while I was in town, I picked up a large power board, and a few short extension cords. I got home and spent some time pulling out all the cords and untangling them. I used some washi tape to label each cord for easy identification later (well that is the theory anyway!). I gave my self some bonus points because I finally found something useful to do with all the washi tape I bought last year.
I then reassembled the whole thing, without the knots and 8 meter extension cord that was somehow shoved under there.
I’m now feeling most virtuous when I look at the desk and there are no power cords sticking out everywhere. The whole job took less than an hour. Can’t believe I had left it for so long.
Have you ever done a simple fix, and then wondered why you didn’t do it sooner? Is washi tape really useful?