I got a letter in the mail yesterday, asking me about my plans for work next year. When we were planning to move down to the farm, I took leave from my job at a school in Western Sydney, and now the time has come to let them know what I plan to do next.
We had already made a decision about our future here on the farm. If you have been playing along at home, you may have already worked out that we have decided to stay a bit longer and see what happens. Country Boy is loving the lifestyle and is already extending the garden. Toby doesn’t remember our old life in the mountains, and so won’t miss it.
|We would miss this so much!|
The girls and I (particularly Hannah) are more mixed in our feelings about staying. I wrote this post a while back explaining my dilemmas about staying. I still haven’t reconciled myself entirely to the idea. I know that it will take me a while to settle in fully, but I am feeling confident that things will work out. There appears to be plenty of work for me in the local town, which I am eager to take, and (fingers crossed) the possibility of a permanent position in the future. Part of me thinks that even if a permanent position doesn’t come up, I would be happy to work part time, and stay at home a bit more. There certainly is enough to do around the house and farm to keep me busy. We are meeting people and are starting (slowly) to feel like part of the community.
I also know that the girls would find it hard to return to our small house after having the freedom they have here. I feel like there is so many opportunities for all 3 kids to develop the kind of character qualities that I so want them to have, and that the lifestyle we have, which is in tune with our surroundings, is what I want for our family.
It’s a bit of a leap of faith. I hate not having a concrete plan, or knowing what will happen, but it feels right to stay. I have always had a permanent job, and the idea of giving it up scares me a little, but it’s good to do things that scare you a little (well so they say).
So there we go… I will send off the letter telling them that I won’t be coming back (I don’t imagine that they will be surprised) and we will see what happens next!
Linking up with Jess from Diary of a SAHM for IBOT