I’m beginning to wonder if I should start a series called “the pumpkin files” or something similar, because pumpkins seem to be a bit of a theme around here. Possibly due to the fact that Country Boy grows lots of them. Lots of them!!!
Over the years I’ve been blogging, many people have sent me recipes to try to use up some of the pumpkins. Most of them we have made several times, but this recipe (seen here in the comments- sent by Lyn) is one of Country Boy’s favourites. He whipped up this cake to take to church on Sunday, so I quickly whacked it on the table and snapped a a few pics. Don’t you just love those little mini pumpkins I grabbed to pop into the picture? So sweet.
Pumpkin Fruit Cake
Author: Jo @ Country Life Experiment
- 1c warm mashed pumpkin
- 1c sugar
- 125g butter (softened) - it will melt into the warm pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 340g mixed dried fruit (we used sultanas, dates, cranberries, dried apple, dried apricots - but you can use whatever you like)
- 2c SR flour
- In a bowl, mix the mashed pumpkin, sugar and butter.
- Stir in the mixed dried fruit, and eggs.
- Stir through the SR flour.
- Grease and line a 22cm round cake tin.
- Pour the mixture into the tin.
- Bake at 180*c for 1 hour, or until cooked through.
Gratuitous mini pumpkin pic:
Have you got a great pumpkin recipe? Care to share? Aren’t those little pumpkins so cute!?