- 250g chillies
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3c sugar
- 3c white wine vinegar
- Split and scrape out the seeds of most of the chillies (keep one or two whole). Removing the seeds gets rid of some of the heat of the chillies.
- Place the chillis, garlic cloves, and one cup of white wine vinegar into the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until the chillies are all finely chopped
- Pour the chilli mixture, sugar and remaining vinegar into a saucepan.
- Gently heat the mixture, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Bring the mixture up to the simmer and allow to bubble for 30 to 45 minutes or until slightly thickened. The mixture will thicken as it cools, so be careful not to let the syrup go too thick.
- Pour into sterilised bottles and seal.
I think I will whip up a few more bottles over the next few weeks, ready for winter.
Have you made your own sweet chilli sauce?