1 spring onion
4cm knob of ginger
1 chilli (seeds removed) – optional.
1T olive oil
5 sticks of rhubarb
1T sweet chilli sauce
1/4 c white wine vinegar
1/4 c brown sugar
zest of half a lime
1. Peel and roughly chop the spring onion, ginger, eschalot, and chilli (if desired), and place in a food processor. Process until finely minced.
2. Chop the rhubarb into small pieces
3. Heat the oil in a fry pan
4. Gently sweat the onion and ginger mix for a couple of minutes, until clear.
5. Add in the rhubarb and cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the brown sugar and white wine vinegar. Continue to cook until the mixture is collapsed and thick. Remove from the heat.
7. Stir through the lime zest, and a pinch of salt.
8. Place in a sterilized bottle whilst still hot.
9. Allow to stand for a week to allow the flavour to develop and mellow before serving.
Got any other good ideas for using up rhubarb???