Sometimes I just cannot be bothered to cook dinner. Unfortunately though, there is no home delivery Thai out here (or home delivery anything else for that matter… I miss Thai food!) so I resort to my quick and easy roasted vegetable soup.
The trick to this soup is to have the vegetable roasted and in the freezer. Whenever I do a roast, I always do twice as many vegetables as we need, just so I can have them on hand. I pop them into plastic bags and put them in the freezer until I need them.
1 onion – finely diced
3 garlic cloves – chopped
500g roasted vegetables (I use pumpkin, potato, carrot, and sweet potato).
1litre of stock
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
2. Lightly fry the garlic and onion for a few minutes until it is translucent.
3. Add in the roasted vegetables and stock.
4. Bring to the boil.
5. Boil for 5 minutes.
6. Puree the ingredients using a stab blender. You may want to add a little milk or cream to it to make it thinner. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Return to the stove until it is hot through.