1 head of cauliflower
2 large potatoes – peeled
2 garlic cloves – peeled
Enough milk to just cover the cauliflower in a saucepan
2T olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Thoroughly wash the cauliflower, then cut into small pieces (including the stem).
2. Dice the potatoes into 1cm cubes.
3. Place cauliflower, potato, and garlic clove in a saucepan and barely cover with milk. Peel a 3cm strip of lemon rind off the lemon and add to the milk.
3. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetable are all soft.
4. Drain most of the milk off and set aside.
5. Remove the lemon rind, then puree the ingredients to form a smooth paste consistency. You may need to add a little milk to the mixture.
6. Slowly beat in the olive oil.
7. Add a good squeeze of lemon juice, and season well.
I serve it with pork cutlets and a caramelised balsamic marinade instead of potato mash. Country Boy and Hannah went back for thirds! It can also be served as a dip. Place in a bowl and drizzle with a little more olive oil.