How To Dry Figs (and other fruit)
1. In a saucepan heat water and sugar to make a light syrup (about 1cup sugar to 2 cups water).
2. Wash the figs then cut in half. Trim the stems off.
3. Place the figs in the the hot syrup for 10 minutes.
4. Drain the figs and place on a baking tray lined with paper.
5. Place in an oven at 70*c for 8-12 hours (depending on size). Turn them once or twice.
6. Allow them to cool in the oven.
7. Store in airtight container.
You can use them in cooking by soaking in a little water to soften. I use them instead of dates to make a sticky fig pudding – yummy.