The peas are coming on now. So I am now looking for lots of recipes to use up them up. At the same time, we have a lot of beetroot in the freezer. It seemed like a match made in heaven (and it was!).
400g sugar snap peas
400g beetroot – roasted (just chop into quarters and place in the oven at 160*c until soft)
1T pine nuts
2t olive oil
2t white wine vinegar
1t dijon mustard
100g goats cheese (I didn’t quite have enough)
1. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil.
2. Top and tail the sugar snap peas and then place in boiling water for 1 minutes.
3. Drain the peas, then run under cold water to refresh them.
4. Toast the pine nuts for a minute in a fry pan.
5. Combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, and honey in a bowl to make the dressing.
6. Toss the sugar snap peas and pine nuts in half the dressing.
7. Toss the beetroot in the remaining dressing (this stops the beetroot making everything purple).
8. Place the sugar snap peas and beetroot on a platter.
9. Break up the goats cheese into small pieces and scatter over the top.
I’m adding this one to our Christmas lunch menu – soooo yummy!
I’m linking up with Domesblessity for Thriving on Thursdays!