Over the weekend I got my hands on some more rhubarb (one of my favourites), but still couldn’t find any inspiration, so it sat in the fridge until Wednesday, when inspiration finally hit me (at last)
Rhubarb Crumble CakeIngredients
8-10 rhubarb stalks
1c castor sugar
1t vanilla extract
1 1/2c SR flour
1/2 c milk
2/3c brown sugar
2/3c quick oats
50g butter melted
1. Preheat oven to 180*c.
2. Slice rhubarb into 2cm lengths, place on a baking tray and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 minute or until soft.
3. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until pale.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla.
5. Add the flour and milk alternately.
6. Pour into a lined lamington tin.
7. Spread cooked rhubarb over the batter
8. Combine brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and melted butter in a bowl.
9. Spread over top of cake mix.
10. Bake approximately 40 minute or until cooked through.
So yummy – I ate some still warm from the tin. And then I got some more inspiration. Stay tuned!